Since 2004, our comprehensive specialist team has a combined 40-year experience and includes 20 Speech Language Pathologists, 10 Occupational Therapists, 4 Physical Therapists, 12 Psychologists, 13 Mental Health Clinicians, 1 Audiologist, 3 nurses, and 3 Assistive Technology Specialists.
Specialized Therapy Services’ mission is to make connections happen for clients with developmental and learning disabilities whom we serve. We accomplish this through a comprehensive program that integrates physical, cognitive, language, sensory, and life skills to maximize the neural connections and learning. In doing so, we address each child’s individual needs by using the most appropriate and fun therapies to foster growth and independence.
Specialized Therapy Services’ vision is to positively impact the lives of children, adolescents, and their families by using an integrative and individualized approach to therapy in order to facilitate better health outcomes, enhanced development and improved learning abilities.
SCHOOL BASED SERVICES
Specialized Therapy Services also serves the therapy needs of the students enrolled in the 50+ charter schools throughout Southern California.
STS is a non public agency approved by the California Department of Education to work with school districts in fulfilling their students’ special education needs.
To learn more about our school based contracted services, please visit our STS Schools page
Specialized Therapy Services offers client sessions at two convenient locations
- Main clinic at the OAS CENTER
4204-A Adams Avenue, San Diego, CA 92116
- Satellite clinic at Liberty Station, Point Loma
2820 Roosevelt Rd. Ste. 104, San Diego, CA 92106
The Specialized Therapy Services’ therapists provide services in the following departments
- Speech Language Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Social Skills Groups
- Assistive Technology
- Individual Counseling
The STS Clinic offers treatment services with an emphasis on
- Autism spectrum
- Receptive and expressive language
- Auditory processing
- Motor speech, including apraxia and dysarthria
- Social and pragmatic deficits
- Articulation, phonological, and oral motor
- Voice disorders
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Sensory processing and sensory motor awareness and development
- Visual perception awareness
- Feeding and swallowing
- Academic skills, including reading and writing
- Social, pre-vocational, and independence skills
We currently accept the following payment methods
- Private pay clients
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of California PPO
- UnitedHealthcare PPO
- Tricare Select, Standard, and Prime